The value of a nurse mentorship program has been well documented in the nursing profession. Sparrow Solutions Group understands both the importance and challenges of onboarding and integrating a nurse into the Pregnancy Medical Clinic setting successfully. Nurses have told us they feel isolated, inexperienced, unprepared, and overwhelmed in this new clinical setting. Assuming the nurse will train herself, research her new professional responsibilities, understand her role in the greater perinatal nursing setting, and collaborate with others to provide quality patient care assumes much risk for an organization. The results may include reduced job satisfaction, decreased nurse retention, and decreased quality of patient care.
Our Nurse Mentorship Program:
- Improves retention
- Improves job satisfaction
- Improves quality of patient care
- Improves professionalism
- Helps nurses integrate nursing theory into practice
- Improves self-confidence
- Communicates expectations, opportunities and potential stressors unique to this clinical setting
- Promotes supportive and encouraging relationships
- Promotes a positive and healthy work environment for the entire inter-professional team
- Customizable for the nurse’s and organization’s needs
We, at Sparrow, are enthusiastic about the nurse mentorship program because the program offers solutions to issues nurses, Executive Directors, and Board members have discussed with us from the Pregnancy Medical Clinical setting for years.
Sparrow Solutions Group
Director of Nurse Operations