Historically, what has been the board development pattern on your board of directors?
- How does your board typically lead? Reactively, to problems as they come along? Or intentionally leading the organization?
- Does your clinic have a board development plan in place?
- Does the board appreciate the ED/CEO’s role as it relates to a board development plan?
This course provides board members with the knowledge necessary to identify their job descriptions on the board and perform effectively. Topics covered include the following:
- Orientation of New Board Members
- Basics of Board Development
- Board Governance
- Board Roles and Responsibilities
- Role of ED/CEO under Policy Governance
- Linear Shared Decision Making at the Board Level
- Quality Improvement at the Board Level